Podcasting - Update on progress

Well I started my project to create a history book review podcast back in October 2008. How may podcasts have I released since then? As of today, none.
Not a single one. Zilch. I have managed to get some recordings done and have put them on Youtube to widespread indifference. Basically my biggest problem is that like most people I can't stand the sound of my own voice, so when I have recorded something I can't bear to go through the editing process. But leaving that aside I am a life long mumbler and my normal speaking voice is to talk very quickly and indistinctly. On reflection, this is probably why almost nobody understands what I am talking about most of the time. So when I can get myself to listen to a recording I usually identify quite a few faults that have to be corrected, so the whole process becomes very prolonged. I am sure I can improve on this with practice. One thing I have learned is that it is a lot harder to write a script for a podcast than it sounds when you listen to one. I hope I can better at this, but I will see. My last problem is that I don't have any equipment so I am using the built in microphone on my laptop. This is pretty naff, but I have got reasonably good at tarting the quality up post recording. But for some reason, every now and again there is some interference from somewhere. This strikes pretty randomly and can ruin an otherwise good recording. I guess I will just have to be stoic about it. On top of all this there is another thing that is praying on my mind. I am a big fan of Mike Duncan's History of Rome podcast. He is knocking his out at a pretty steady one a week. There is an overlap between what he is doing and my own extended review of Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. He is rapidly catching up with me. I have just finished off Commodus. Mike is half way through Hadrian. If he does another one on Hadrian, and then one on Antoninus Pius and one on Marcus Aurelius then he will have caught up with me. I really need to get at least a century ahead of him. His podcasts are so good that I will find it impossible not to be influenced by his take on events. I don't want that to happen because I am supposed to be reviewing Gibbon's history not Mike's. So I need to get a real spurt on to create some space between myself and the master of the genre.