History Book Review - the Movie

I had always envisaged that this blog would morph into a set of podcasts, but up until now I haven't made any progress in this direction. This has mainly been because I don't know how to do it.
Recording your own voice is one of those weird things that most of us don't really like to do. Do you like hearing yourself on an answering machine? I certainly don't. Well I have been resisting getting started for over a year now so this evening I have decided that this is it. I am going to do something, no matter how bad, and just get it up. I am sure that I can and will do much much better, but unless I start the learning curve I will never get there. Just to be clear - I don't think that videos lend themselves to reviews of history books. I think that audio is much more suitable. If you are anything like me, you listen to historical podcasts while you are driving your car or doing the housework. But I don't know how to get a podcast onto Blogger at the moment so I am going to start with some videos. I am pretty sure I'll be able to work out how to strip the audio off of the video wen I put my mind to it. Incidentally I have already learned something pretty important about recording. The lousy sound quality is because I was relying on the headset I am wearing. But it turns out that this headset is incompatible with my Mac. It only takes pre-amped sound apparently. So the sound was in fact recorded from the built-in mike on my MacBook. I think I may have to invest in some equipment if I want decent sound quality.